This nationally recognised course gives users, supervisors and managers the knowledge, skills and confidence necessary to use and inspect both portable ladders and step ladders in a safe and legal manner. This course allows individuals to identify faults, resultant issues and remedial solutions when working with ladder.
Who is the Ladder Safety training course for?
Candidates should be at least 16 years old and must comply with the PASMA Code of Practice “Literacy, Fitness and Health” Statement
Each candidate must Supply all the PPE required for the Practical Session (including suitable Head/Footwear Protection and Gloves) The course is covered in 1 day. On successful completion of the course a certificate will be issued.
What you can expect from the course
Outline of Zero Harms Ladder User and Inspection Training Programme:-
- Health & Safety, Working at Height Regulations and Legislation
- Ladder Association Code of Practice
- Access and Determine when it is Appropriate to Use Ladders and Stepladders
- Correctly Position and Safely Use Ladders and Stepladders
- Guidance & Information on Ladder/Stepladder Components, Inspection, Maintenance and Storage
- Record Keeping and Correct Methods of Disposal
- Identify Hazards and Minimise Using the Step Methodology – Site, Task, Equipment, People
- Theory Test (multiple choice) and Practical Training/Test